Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Zoom meeting link sent to registrants
September 24, 2-3:30 pm LU-WISE: Mentoring students remotely- What's working and not working for our STEM students and ourselves? Click to sign up by September 21st.
Some resources shared ahead of the session include:
- Lehigh counseling services https://studentaffairs.lehigh.edu/content/counseling-psychological-servi...
- Lehigh Advising FAQ (under grad) https://cas.lehigh.edu/content/advising-faq
- Lehigh Mentor Collective https://diversityandinclusion.lehigh.edu/studentsuccess/mentor-collective
- Lehigh Grad Ed & Grad Life:
- (includes social activities, professional development and communities of support, including mental health) https://grad.lehigh.edu/
- mentoring part of Grad Ed/Life page: https://grad.lehigh.edu/research-teaching-professional-development/mento...
- Nature: Mentoring during the COVID-19 pandemic: Colleagues facing closed labs and enforced social distancing need a different type of support. Mentors must change their approach, says Ruth Gotian, https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01028-x
- Mentoring student research during the pandemic: https://studentresearch.uccs.edu/research-and-mentoring-remotely
- Graduate Advising in the Time of Covid-19: https://www.chronicle.com/arti
- Mentoring Remotely During Disruption, Cornell https://gradschool.cornell.edu/about/covid-19-graduate-school-informatio...
- and a training: https://www.ctsi.umn.edu/education-and-training/mentoring/mentor-training