Faculty leading* and serving on search committees are required** to attend one of the workshops for Faculty Recruitment. Department chairs are encouraged to join; and as always, interested staff supporting faculty search are welcome.
Click Here to register for one of the scheduled "Best Practices for Equitable Faculty Recruitment" Zoom links will be sent only to those who register for that session. Watch your inbox for calendar confirmations. Locations for in-person sessions are pending confirmation.
- Monday, July 25, 1-3pm, Zoom RSVP by Jul 21, 2022
- Tuesday, August 30, 9-11 am, Zoom
- Wednesday, August 31- 12-2pm- In person, location TBC
- Wednesday, September 21- 9-11-in person, location TBC
* This is not the same as the "nuts and bolts" session for search committee chairs being organized by the Provost Faculty Affairs Team.
** With the endorsement of the Provost and Deans, there are two reasons to require workshop attendance. First, empirical research that shows the importance of having all committee members in attendance at such workshops. Second, equitable practices are best maintained when all search committee members attend each time they serve and not simply once or every couple of years.