ADVANCE LU-WISE, our community of learning and support accross academic departments for all ranks and categories of faculty who identify as women in STEM (plus affiliates) is happy to provide our LU-Women in Science & Engineering Series for AY18-19 on the dates below. Graduate students may attend when noted in the event listing the session description. We may add other dates if interest supports doing so. Lunch is provided and RSVP is necessary for accurate food and space accommodations. Fall 2018 sessions will be in UC409.
- September 6- Location UC 409 LU-WISE Welcome, what is ADVANCE & resources, semester planning
- September 14- Location UC 409 LU-WISE topic 1 TBD
- October 11- Location UC 409 LU-WISE topic 2 with Men allies & Advocates welcoming candidates to campus, conversation with men and women faculty, who is interested in joining this mini team and what's involved with meeting candidates for 'about Lehigh/neutral interview session'
- TBD week of October 23rd Ada Lovelace day/Chemistry Mole Day independent activity: women scientists & engineers you should know/we admire
- November 15- Location UC 409 LU-WISE topic 3 What our Department Chairs Need to Know
- December 11- Location UC 409 LU-WISE topic 4 metooSTEM & bystander intervention strategies
- January 24-LU-WISE topic 5 outcomes from service summit
- February 22-LU-WISE topic 6 Race in STEM, ADVANCE & FSCN
- March 2- LU-WISE topic 7 TBD
- April 19- LU-WISE topic 8 TBD (possibly 'Out in STEM')
- May 10- LU-WISE topic 9 -TBD AY wrap up
Topics for Consideration when TBD is listed: these will be decided by surveying our faculty women in the LU-WISE list. Please complete this google form to help identify the other topics (form coming soon).