This page will support your personal learning and drive programs and policy advocacy by ADVANCE in collaboration with other campus community members.
If you have a resource or tool to share, please submit it to email@example.com
Anti-Racist Resources for STEM/Academy
- Citations: Experiences with racism in STEM - a list of references originally curated by Dr. Julie Posselt, USC, and shared on twitter on March 24, 2022.
- Lehigh Joins GEM Consortium
- Lehigh's Council for Equity and Community shared that coming in July there will be a Forum for exploring what an 'anti-racist' Lehigh will look like- see the full message, forum heads up, and opportunity to give feedback directly to the CEC in its A Message from the Council for Equity and Community
- Ready to Be an Ally for Black Academics? Here’s a Start: Twelve ways that white faculty members can better support Black academics in their department and across the campus. Nov. 11 2020, McGee, The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Resources from Shut Down STEM day of education, action, healing- June 10, 2020 https://www.shutdownstem.com/resources and https://www.particlesforjustice.org/
- Anti-Racist Work at the University (Crowd-Sourced Doc; pay special attention to the last section)
- ASEE Virtual Panel: From Anti-Racism in Engineering: From Dialogue to Action, June 16, 2020. ASEE convened a group of panelists, from K-12 to higher education, to discuss and share resources that can help engineering educators tackle racism in their classrooms and institutions, addressing the broader contexts in which engineering is practiced. Here are anti-racism resources shared by panelists and attendees. The linked resources include Engineering focused frameworks.
- Scaffolding Anti-Racism Resources (Google-Doc for your stage of readiness)
- Responses to 10 common criticisms of anti-racism action in STEMM, Gosztyla ML, Kwong L, Murray NA, Williams CE, Behnke N, Curry P, et al. (2021) Responses to 10 common criticisms of anti-racism action in STEMM. PLoS Comput Biol 17(7): e1009141. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1009141 [original wordpress Responses to 10 Common Criticisms of Anti-Racism Action in STEM]
- ASEE Interim Report on Engineering Education Community Response to Pandemic & Racial Justice
Equity-Pandemic-> items specific to Caregiving are also on their own page
- The Association for Women in Science hosted a Town Hall entitled “Ensuring Equity in Institutional COVID-19 Responses” The recording is shared in the link, and the organizers share some curated infromation in addition to the following message: "We acknowledge the unique labor of equity work especially during times of overlapping and intertwined crises. We appreciate your making time as we seek to identify, coordinate, and create resources to address the issues and challenges facing marginalized individuals in the academy. We also appreciate your patience and support as we facilitated this conversation in a fully virtual format."
- Supporting Faculty During & After COVID-19 Aspire Alliance, Gonzales, L.D., & Griffin, K.A. (2020).
- Continuing the Conversation on Gender Equity During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- STEM Equity and Inclusion (Un)Interrupted
- Fair Play game
- Intersectionality Matters podcast
- Dr. Bentley Gibson, Assistant Professor of Psychology, Founder of The Bias Adjuster and keynote speaker Lehigh's January 2020 Inclusive Excellence in Teaching program, recently gave a workshop for LVAIC-check out the workshop recording here.
- Chemistry World features Dr. Krystle McLaughlin, Vassar (formerly of Lehigh BIOS) - Research Sabattical, Parenting, Teaching through COVID-19
- Here is a website with a wealth of information: a living document that is intended to continue the conversation on gender equity in academia that was started in the article Gender Equity in Academia Post-COVID19: Challenges and Opportunities.
The National Academies collated their diversity, equity and inclusion materials in one place: https://www.nationalacademies.org/topics/resources-on-diversity-equity-and-inclusion?fbclid=IwAR3NAWuSRl1h7y4A8RMVrsOsvL3tce6zYFB3Dgsx3_6JW1lUEAZLxMBlNMk